- Close Look: Revisit – John Clipperton follows up his 2016 review with a look at how his Red Sea Max Nano is coming along.
- Reflections (Part 1) – Seasoned UK hobbyist Keith Moyle proffers some pertinent perspective by taking us way back to the early days of reefi ng in this first
nostalgic journey, which focuses on the 70s and 80s.
- Getting it Right – Ex-Editor Richard Aspinall explores how to avoid the ‘sharks’ and get the right fish by being discerning in your decision-making, and choosing your marine retailer wisely.
- Definitive Guide to: Reef Refugia – In this instalment, Blue Planet Aquarium Curator Dave Wolfenden is the perfect man to dish the dirt on reef refugium design… heck, he can even pronounce Chaetomorpha properly!
- Meet the Inverts: Tube Anemones – Get ready for fireworks as veteran US aquatics expert James Fatherree investigates these superficially delicate and cryptic Certianthids who also pack an unexpected punch. There’s definitely a sting in this tale!
- Seeing Spots: The Treatment of Marine Fishes Afflicted With Cryptocaryons irritans – New contributor Kirsty Youngs dons her medical scrubs and suggests ways to combat the dreaded ‘ich’.
- Tank Feature – Avid Enthusiast/Reef Blogger Danilo Ronchi (aka DaniReef) introduces another stunning system from his home county of Italy, and this time it’s a Rimini-based 4-footer that boasts rampant SPS growth without skimping on the finage!
- Cardinalfishes for Small Aquariums – Legendary US aquatics author and veteran ichthyologist Bob Fenner brings half a century of experience to bear and suggests some stunning species of these naturally nocturnal schoolers that are suitable even for nano systems.
Plus Marine and Product News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden!