- Close Look – Product Reviews – Keith Moyle gets his hands on the new ATK module from Neptune while John Clipperton installs some Philips Coralcare LED fixtures and gets a first look Sicce’s new SDC return pump.
- An Ounce of Prevention – US reefing veteran Mike Paletta guides us
through the potential minefi eld of procuring, acclimating and introducing new corals.
- The Magnificent 7 – we chat to Kent-based hobbyist Grant Jones and take an in-depth tour of his stunning 7 foot in-wall reef system that boasts it’s very own fishroom to boot.
- Close-up on Corals: Sun Corals – If either you or your reef is in need of brightening-up on a grey Autumn day, the bold and beautiful corals of the Tubastraea genus could be just the ticket.
- Definitive Guide to: Marine Salt Mixes – Dave Wolfenden analyses the very foundation of our watery worlds and explains that there’s a lot more than meets the eye when it comes to marine salt mixes.
- Project: The Digital Reefer (Part 1) – In this new series, John Clipperton introduces his new Red Sea REEFER XXL 625 and explains some of the modifications he has made as he juggles the planning, installation and set-up phase of the project.
- Open Ocean, Closed Aquarium (Part 1) – In this first part of a new series, Kenneth Wingerter
investigates the myriad of tiny organisms that underpin reef ecosystems – the phytoplankton – and their roles both in captivity, and in the wild.
- Understanding Nitrate and Phosphate Management – Keith Moyle tackles this tricky topic and brings us a useful guide with tons of tips and techniques to take control of your reef tank’s nutrient levels… once and for all!
Plus Marine and Product News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden!