- Close Look – Product Reviews – In this issue, the Tunze DOC 9430 DC skimmer is under the spotlight.
- An Arabian Adventure – Ex-Editor Richard Aspinall is off on another expedition (the lucky man!). This time it’s to the alluring Hallaniyat Islands, Oman.
What will he find lurking in the depths?
- Fishes in Focus – John Clipperton presents a selection of functional fish species that don’t just look pretty, but can also play a vital role in maintaining a successful captive reef ecosystem.
- Reef Addiction – US reef veteran Mike Paletta brings us a fascinating philosophical perspective on the potential for reef-keeping to become more than just a simple pleasure… when obsession takes over.
- Reefing on a Budget – If you’ve ever considered selling one of your own body parts to fund that ‘ultra rare rainbow LPS coral’ you definitely need Keith Moyle’s help as he shows us how to make every penny count.
- Lure of the Lionfishes – Chris Sergeant charts the spread of these voracious reef predators as they continue to cause devastation in non-native ecosystems. Is there any way to stop them?
- Allelopathy – UK hobbyist and Marine Biology grad Kirsty Youngs is on the front line as she explores the unseen world of chemical warfare which might just be going on in your reef aquarium… right now.
- Sea Pens and Pansies – US reef expert James Fatherree puts pen to paper to present this mysterious group of organisms that rarely appear in the trade, yet are as fascinating as they are bizarre in appearance.
Plus Marine and Product News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden!