Inside this issue of UltraMarine Magazine:
- Fishes in Focus: Coral Gobies of the Gobiodon Genus – John Clipperton finds that there’s ‘more than meets the eye’ as he brings his macro lens to bear on the diminutive coral gobies.
- Quick Look: Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt – Our editor checks out this salt mix from Royal Nature.
- Meet the Inverts – Coral crabs are the stars of the show in this instalment of James Fatherree’s regular look at the varied spineless organisms which may be encountered by the observant reef enthusiast.
- Close-up on Corals – Exotic and sometimes temperamental … and that’s just the author! Veteran US aquarium guru Bob Fenner teaches us how to define, recognise and avoid stress in LPS corals.
- Electrics and the Aquarium – Blue Planet Aquarium curator, Dave Wolfenden, takes us on a walk down to Electric Avenue with this practical piece that should prove particularly useful if you’ve gone and got your wires crossed.
- Nature Art Perfected – Our Italian correspondent, Danilo Ronchi, brings us yet another impressive system, this time it’s no less than a ten cubic metre Madagascan biotope housed at Zürich Zoo, in Switzerland.
- Rich’s Creatures – British diver and photographer, Richard Smith, sends us a report from the field as he stalks a particularly heavenly fish in Indonesia’s unique Cenderawasih Bay … not jealous, much!
- Stocking Your Aquarium (Part 3) – Tristan Lougher neatly concludes his longrunning ‘Introduction to Reef-keeping’ series with some final, important considerations about aquarium management and the hobby as a whole.
- UK Anemones – Ex-editor, Rich Aspinall, brings us another field report and this time we are close to home with a look at some super cool critters that one may encounter in and around our British coastal waters.
Plus Marine News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden, and more!