Inside this issue of UltraMarine Magazine:
- Interzoo Report – John Clipperton reports on all of the new offerings in Nüremberg, Germany.
- Meet the Inverts: Mantis Shrimps – Jim Fatherree targets his favourite reef invertebrates, the mantis shrimps of the stomatopod order, and reveals there’s far more than meets the eye to these clinical, killer crustaceans.
- Mud in the Reef Aquarium – Kenneth Wingerter delves into the murky world of marine sediments and explains how this miraculous material might be employed to the benefit of your reef aquarium.
- Time to Chill – Blue Planet Aquarium Curator Dave Wolfenden
proves he’s the coolest with this useful analysis of the key methods that aquarists can use to beat the summer heat.
- Are You in Control? – Veteran UK hobbyist Keith Moyle is asking the question and kicks-off with the first instalment of a two-part series – his mission: to demystify the seemingly complex world of aquarium controllers.
- The Larger Serranids – Fancy your own ‘Aqua Dog’? Bob Fenner gives us the full S.P. on these impressive badasses from the sea bass family.
- Fishes in Focus: Paracanthurus hepatus – John Clipperton separates fantasy from reality by investigating the true nature of Paracanthurus hepatus, and exploring exactly how the UK trade is gearing up for the inevitable interest generated by ‘Finding Dory’.
Plus Marine News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden, and more!