Inside this issue of UltraMarine Magazine:
- Quick Look: TMC REEF-Cam – Keith Moyle checks out TMC’s latest offering which allows you to monitor your tank with a literal fish-eye view of your aquarium livestock.
- What’s in a Name? An Introduction to Binominal Nomenclature – Binomi-what? Richard Aspinall explains what those funny scientific names actually mean and why they are both important and useful to know. Prosus et surnum!
- Particulate Diets in the Reef Aquarium Part 2 – Tristan Lougher concludes his detailed look at the constituent parts of marine plankton and the role it plays both on the reef and in the aquarium.
- Definitive Guide to: Pumps – In this instalment, Dave Wolfenden turns his attention to water pumps and gets to grips with their inner workings.
- Cuttlefish Care – Strictly for the specialist, James Fatherree conducts an investigation into these fascinating cephalopods with an almost alien appearance.
- Phosphorus in the Marine Aquarium – Kenneth Wingerter presents a detailed dossier on this sometimes troublesome, often misunderstood, keystone chemical.
- Matt Dando’s ‘Dastaco Dream’ – John Clipperton visits a UK Hobbyist to get the lowdown on this stunning 750 litre SPS dominated reef system.
- The Shape of Things to Come – Special Guest Contributor, Mike Paletta, shares his experiences and observations with a fascinating, extended feature that examines the myriad of variables that can infl uence SPS coral growth rates and forms in captive settings.
Plus Marine and Product News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden, and more!