Inside this issue of UltraMarine Magazine:
- Close Look – A pumped RO/DI unit from Vyair and Prodibio’s new Pure Ocean Expert Reef Salt come under scrutiny.
- Old Tank Syndrome – Keith Moyle investigates a perhaps poorly understood phenomenon that may afflict ageing reefs and asks, have you got OTS?
- What’s the Hype… about Hyposalinity? – Kirsty Youngs takes a close look at the evidence both for and against the use of reduced salinity treatment
- Definitive Guide to: Carbon Dosing – Public aquarium Curator David Wolfenden explores how selected substances can be used to boost your reef’s bacterial efficiency.
- Rainbow Rising – US reef expert Mike Paletta discusses the worldwide rise in demand for expensive, high colour SPS corals and describes the very latest techniques
- The Art of Acclimation – Kenneth Wingerter takes us through the sometimes stressful process of introducing new livestock to your reef
- Masters of Deception – Richard Aspinall assesses the myriad of amazing adaptations that allow fishes to remain incognito on the reef
- Close-up on Corals – Carnations James Fatherree ‘goes deep’ in this intimate encounter with the alluring deep-water corals of the Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya genera
Plus Marine and Product News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden, and more!