Inside this issue of UltraMarine Magazine:
- Close Look – Product Reviews In our product reviews this issue, Keith Moyle gets his hands on the new ATK module from Neptune while John Clipperton installs some Philips Coralcare LED fixtures and gets a first look Sicce’s new SDC return pump.
- An Ounce of Prevention US reefing veteran Mike Paletta guides us through the potential minefield of procuring, acclimating and introducing new corals and helps us to avoid some of the most common pests and problems so your prized polyped-purchases get the best start possible.
- The Magnificent 7 In this interview style piece we chat to Kent-based hobbyist Grant Jones and take an indepth tour of his stunning 7 foot in wall reef system that boasts it’s very own fishroom to boot.
- Close-up on Corals: Sun Corals If either you or your reef is in need of brightening-up on a grey Autumn day, the bold and beautiful corals of the Tubastraea genus could be just the ticket. James Fatherree tells us what we need to know.
- Definitive Guide to: Marine Salt Mixes Dave Wolfenden makes things crystal clear as he analyses the very foundation of our watery worlds and explains that there’s a lot more than meets the eye when it comes to marine salt mixes.
- Project: The Digital Reefer (Part 1) In this new series, John Clipperton introduces his new Red Sea REEFER XXL 625 and explains some of the modifications he has made as he juggles the planning, installation and set-up phase of the project.
- Open Ocean, Closed Aquarium (Part 1) They may be small but they are many! In this first part of a new series, Kenneth Wingerter investigates the myriad of tiny organisms that underpin reef ecosystems – the phytoplankton – and their roles both in captivity, and in the wild.
- Understanding Nitrate & Phosphate Management Keith Moyle tackles this tricky topic and brings us a useful guide with tons of tips and techniques to take control of your reef tank’s nutrient levels… once and for all!
Plus Marine and Product News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden, and more!