In this issue of UltraMarine magazine:
- Close Look – Product Reviews – In this issue we take a look at a new aquarium controller from Tunze; the Smartcontroller 7000, and a sump filtration system to top all others, from Vertex Aquaristik.
- Product News Special: Aqua Telford 2017 – Show Report – After attending this major UK aquatics trade show back in late October, we bring you our show report with news of the latest products heading your way!
- Investing in Youth – Chris Sargeant examines the fascinating and diverse strategies employed by various marine organisms as they struggle to raise their young on the reef.
- Testing Times – Love it or loathe it, checking your tanks water parameters can prove critical if you want to maintain a healthy reef. Keith Moyle explains how to get consistent and accurate results.
- The Future of Reefs – At this festive time of year, Mike Paletta mulls over his predictions for key developments that we may see in the coming months. So what’s going to be the big story in 2018?
- Top Tips on Getting A New Tank – Richard Aspinall takes a lighthearted look at creative ways in which aspiring hobbyists may seek to garner the support of those ‘important others’ in their lives when it comes to securing that essential upgrade.
- Open Ocean, Closed Aquarium: Part 2 – Kenneth Wingerter continues his series and in this instalment we get up close and personal with a varitable zoo of mini-beasts… you may know them as the zooplankton.
- Close up on Corals – You may have seen them with common names like boulder, finger, jewel or even mustard hill corals (or even more obscurely, ‘worm rocks’); James Fatheree introduces the corals of the Porites genus and talks us through their captive care.
Plus Marine and Product News, Q&A with Dave Wolfenden!